Page loading, please wait...

The page still doesn't show? Click here

BOM Home Biet-O-Matic Forum
  Watched TopicsWatched Topics     FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crazy Thoughts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Biet-O-Matic Forum Forum Index -> Dokumentation und Übersetzungen | Documentation and Translation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mæster
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostPosted: 03.07.2005 - 23:41    Post subject: Crazy Thoughts Reply with quote

I thought about setting up the BOM homepage on an cms system like mambo. Doing so, registered user could easely translate given content to another language and repuplish it.

I also thought about to publish the documentation in a wikipedia like platform, so every user could easely change the content, including translating it.

Any hints or offered help on this?

Regards,
Mæster.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pandolphe
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: 04.07.2005 - 00:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi.

I don't like wiki things (to difficult for me), but, i will translate with pleasure your help file in french (after my vacancies, i mean in August)

Pandolphe
jo_van_anders
BOM-verrückt
BOM-verrückt

PostPosted: 04.07.2005 - 09:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

@maester: I think there were some toughts about BOM- Wiki in the Y!- group in may .. look: http://de.groups.yahoo.com/group/BOMInfo/message/6597

cu,
Jo
B-O-M
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostPosted: 04.07.2005 - 19:56    Post subject: Re: Crazy Thoughts Reply with quote

Mæster wrote:
I thought about setting up the BOM homepage on an cms system like mambo. Doing so, registered user could easely translate given content to another language and repuplish it.

Besides maybe missing ressources SF is not providing, a CMS as e.g. Mambo and worse Typo3 is a complex thingy which needs some effort to install and understand..

Thus my proposal would be to simply translate the few HTML pages to English and maybe French which would not require to have an active PHP/SQL based solution installed which probably is slow because of missing ressources by SF (as e.g. processing time, space, traffic, database?).

If a CMS is interesting though, maybe a small one with an easy interface and configuraton as well as limited requirements but an phpBB integration could be an appropriate choice.

A nice website with a good overview and many user comments regarding CMSystems but Blogs and Wikis too can be found here:

http://www.opensourcecms.com/

just my 2 cents
Nobbi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Biet-O-Matic Forum Forum Index -> Dokumentation und Übersetzungen | Documentation and Translation All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: